Spring spirits.

Something about working all weekend outside on our farm. It refuels my spirit.

It can be exhausting. It usually is. Hard, tiring, exhausting, frustrating, draining. But, as I take the last walk of the day up to our barn, down the beaten soft muddy road... the sun is ending it's day behind the trees. The wind whips around, a bit chilly. Load ourseves into the car and make the trek home, thinking about hot showers, what's for dinner?, and soft couch cushions.

Even though Monday is the dreaded monster, with its 6 a.m. alarm and 8 hour cubicle days, it becomes refreshing as well. As much as I love being free and spontaneous on ocassion, I'm a creature of habit. I like the routine we set up for this season.
The weekends take on a new routine for us once Spring hits. Someday, it'll be our everyday routine, but for now, it's something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment